[pp.int.general] Who are PPI technical administrators? (was: Re: PPI congress - meeting)

Ole Husgaard pirat at sparre.dk
Wed Aug 5 21:18:01 CEST 2009

coretx skrev:
> Wel there is one! Look :
> http://int.piratenpartei.de/List_of_Pirateparties
> However, it needs a lot of work. If people reading this are not
> filling out the forms.
Ahh, that one. I thought you were talking about a new list of contacts.

> Maybe we can migrate it towards wiki.pp-international.net ?
> Who is maintaining ?
Yeah, that is one of the big mysteries about pp-international.net. Who
is administering?

Also this is imho one of the major problems for people who want to help
out PPI. When they do not know who to contact, they cannot get the
access needed that is sometimes needed to get some work done.

As for wiki.pp-international.net, I offered to host it on our server,
and do technical maintenance if a few other people on the list were
interested in maintaining content (in particular if hit hard by
spammers). But I was told that wiki.pp-international.net was already
being set up.

I also offered that we host another authoritative (slave) DNS server for
the domain pp-international.net, as we have seen problems with both DNS
servers for this domain at the same time in the past, making everything
under pp-international.net unavailable. But also no reply.

We need to make it possible for people (like me) who want to help out
with PPI to get in contact with the technical administrators and offer
help. Right now this looks like a major problem to me.

The big question that we imho need an answer for is: Who are the
technical administrators of the PPI infrastructure? How can we contact
them? How can we offer our help? Even Andrew had major problems with
this for a long time after having been informally appointed leader of PPI.

This will not do. We need to make it possible for people who want to
help PPI to actually help PPI.

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.