[pp.int.general] patents for seeds

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sun Aug 16 08:27:54 CEST 2009

    Incidentially, I have been to the Ho Chi Minh City American War Crimes
    Museum. That is, again this city is callend Saigon, and only the
    comglomerate with suburbs is called "Ho Chi Minh City". The museum was
    renamed just "War Crimes Museum", and when I was there (1997 I guess) it was
    again renamed to "War Remnants Museum". Reason? They wat to make money from
    American tourists!

The Vietnamese government is totally subservient to the WTO.
I once was at a meeting where a Vietnamese government representative
said, "If you want to play football, you have to accept the rules.
These are the rules that the wealthy countries have established for
trading with them, so we have to accept them."  In response, I pointed
out that the rules of football were desigend to be fair.