[pp.int.general] German Pirates on 11%

np np at planetarc.de
Mon Aug 17 22:04:30 CEST 2009

Alexander Bock wrote:

> As much as we'd love to get 11%, LifeGen seems to try to ride on our
> wave of popularity.

To add some more info:

LifeGen does an internet-poll, and we usually get 80+ % votes on such
polls (no surprise since a lot of net-citizens sympathise with us).
LiveGen claim to correct their results, but how they do that is their -
well  - lets call it trade secret :-)

In the "official" polls we're around 2%. However, the official polls are
based on random telephone interviews. These polls have a systematic
error as well as most of our potential voters use mobile phones and are
not listed in the phone book. Or they may have a conventioal telephone
line but are not at home during the work/poll hours.

You have to take any poll with a grain (or better a lot) of salt.

To be honest I don't have *any* idea how much votes we will get as you
can't trust any of the poll systems. Online and offline polls are broken
by design when it comes to us pirates :-)

I think we have to wait and see how good/bad we perform.

Cheers,
    Nils Pipenbrinck
    (your random pirate from hamburg/germany)