[pp.int.general] Finland's Pirate Party Enters Official Party Register

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu Aug 20 20:31:55 CEST 2009

    > "We are absolutely against the idea that any political party can give
    their support
    > to the idea of free use of protected content," said Arto Alaspää, the
    director of
    > IFPI Finland (International Federation of the Phonographic Industry).

A pointed response is appropriate, like

   We are disgusted by the idea that any organization would be
   opposed to the public's freedom to share copies of published works.
   However --unlike IFPI Finland-- we recognize people's right to
   stand for political positions that disagree with ours.
   Meanwhile, we will continue to educate the public to recognize
   that IFPI Finland is the enemy of their rights.