[pp.int.general] Commercial use of functional works

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 13:41:02 CET 2009

Edison Carter wrote:
> "Noncommercial" is a huge can of worms wherever it appears. There's an
> entire spectrum between the clearcut case of 'selling a copy' and ...
> I think there is possibly not even a clearcut case of 'non-commercial?
Actually it's pretty clear defined by the respective tax authorities,
since they monitor any commercial activity quite closely to get their
taxes:) And attempts to make something look "non-commercial" while still
aiming at receiving profit have a much longer history than copyright
issues:) So I think we shouldn't try to invent a wheel here.

Best regards,
Boris