[pp.int.general] Commercial use of functional works

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Wed Dec 2 08:31:51 CET 2009

    I don't think there is such a problem with "Functional works' though.
    Copyright applies only to the person doing the copying. If I have been given
    a copy of a dictionary then it becomes my dictionary to use as I like, as
    long as I am not making further copies of it.

In my opinion (which the Pirate Party may not agree with), works of
practical use, which include dictionaries as well as software, ought
to be free.