[pp.int.general] An answer to RMS' critique of the PP.SE political programme

Egil Moeller egil.moller at piratpartiet.se
Sun Dec 6 18:51:55 CET 2009

I have written an opinion piece for the swedish pirate party on compulsory
escrow of source code as a direct answer to Mr. Stallmans' critique of our
programme.

I must add that this is not a final policy decision on the part of PP.se
- this post reflect my personal opinion; but the post has gained a lot
of internal momentum and quite a few seems to agree that something needs
to be done, and that this is a good start. I only wish that Stallman
understands that this is neither an entirely new issue within the party;
that there are quite a few members who agree something more needs to be
done to protect free software, and that we appreciate the attention of
the FSF on us and on these issues.

The piece is available at
http://redhog.org/Blog/Stallmans_critique_and_compulsory_copies.html

I also invite you from all PPs around the world to comment on my answer.

Best regards,
Egil Möller

P.S. Stallman: If you read this, feel free to comment / answer or to link to my post from yours :)