[pp.int.general] An answer to RMS' critique of the PP.SE political programme

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 22:44:31 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Egil Moeller
<egil.moller at piratpartiet.se> wrote:
> I have written an opinion piece for the swedish pirate party on compulsory
> escrow of source code as a direct answer to Mr. Stallmans' critique of our
> programme.

Why so late? This has led to many interesting discussions right here,
and while your input is valuable, there's always a risk of endlessly
reinventing the wheel around here.

> I also invite you from all PPs around the world to comment on my answer.

As rms mentions at the end of his article, almost a year ago someone
(namely myself) proposed to refine PPI proposal of reducing the
copyright duration, for instance by adapting said duration to the
licensing model chosen by the author/artist/developer. (I am referring
to Jan 8 to Jan 12 discussion on this mailing list.)
This suggestion seemed to met (some of) rms' expectations and has
become the official stance of PPfr ever since, though PPse has not
acknowledged it AFAIK. This idea doesn't seem incompatible with yours,
btw.

Cheers,
Valentin