[pp.int.general] map of intellectual property rights in lund

Ryan Martin ryan.martin at pirate-party.us
Tue Dec 8 03:14:18 CET 2009

With the ever growing integration of camera location metadata, google maps,
and picassa I would say that it is more than just clever to make such tools,
but geolocational awareness with such a list might be all that stands
between a citizen and realizing the possibility of violation before it is
too late.  This envelope has been raised and it's really the type of survey
that I would love to see international teams of volunteers working on.

At least, I think so.  I feel like the 'free culture' fight is very much on
the defensive, and I don't like the idea of someone claiming rights over
recordings taken in public space.

Amelia, you are an AWESOME MEP :)

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Amelia Andersdotter <teirdes at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/12/7 Reinier Bakels <r.bakels at planet.nl>:
> >>   i've semi-produced an image/tour of intellectual property rights in
> >>   the city of Lund.
> >>
> > It reminds me of http://www.law.duke.edu/cspd/comics/ which describes a
> > (word censored by RMS) tour of New York.
> > One of the authors, professor Jams Boyle later explained that most of the
> > problems shown in the comic strip actually could have been addressed by
> > claiming "fair use". Which does not exist in Europe. (Uh, does that mean
> > that European copyright is admittedly unfair?)
> >

> Oh! Thx :)
>
> Perhaps I should make one of those as well. (yes!)
>
> cordially,
>
> > reinier
> >

> --
> Amelia Andersdotter