[pp.int.general] Party formation dates

Marco Confalonieri marco.confalonieri at email.it
Wed Dec 9 11:54:58 CET 2009

Hello,

sorry for the bad quoting, but I'm writing from a horrible webmail.

 > I am after some dates, mainly of formation.basically

 > 1) Date of 'formation' - when you basically existed as a group,

 > formally. For the US party that's July 4th 2006, for Sweden, I think

 > Jan 1st 2006. (but correct me if I'm wrong there)

 > 2) Date of official recognition - when you were formally recognised by

 > the government as an official political party.

 > 3) date of first contested election. (I think I have these, but it

 > goes into the record for the future regardless)

For Partito Pirata Italiano:

1) we were recognized as an Association on the 16th September 2006

2) we're not recognized as an "official" political party

3) although we're not a political party, we could put forward Alessandro
Bottoni as an independent candidate in the left-wing coalition "Sinistra e
Libertà" (Left-wing and Freedom) at the 2009 European Elections.