[pp.int.general] Party formation dates

Steffen Ortmann steffen.ortmann at piraten-thueringen.de
Wed Dec 9 13:53:00 CET 2009

2009/12/9 aloa5 <piratenpartei at t-online.de>:
> For Germany:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Pirate_Party
>
> foundet 10.9.2006

The website was registered in March or April 2006.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.piratenpartei.de

So I think we beat our french neighbours by e few weeks?

> For elections it depends on if you differ between state and country. Have a
> look at this table:
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piratenpartei_Deutschland#Wahlen
>
> The difference between 1) and 2) is not really clear. In Germany ianal the
> status if you are a party or not is prooved before an election (what does
> not mean that you wasn´t before).

I have other information regarding that. The party was registered
with the "Bundeswahlleiter", the highest German official when it comes
to admitting parties to elections back in 2006.
There are not many conditions you have to meet when you start
a party in Germany but you can loose the status as a party if you
don't have a few hundred members after a few years or if your inactive.

Steffen

Jetzt auch per Wave erreichbar: steffen.ortmann at googlewave.com