[pp.int.general] Copenhagen, our turn to dive into

Rackham denis.germain at partipirate.org
Wed Dec 9 15:33:22 CET 2009

Hello all

As you may have marked, there's somehow a world happening for the
powers that are in Denmark. ;o)

Sorry if it has already been talked about on the ML but :
Patents are one of the main issues concerning the transfert of
technologies to the "2nd and 3rd world" countries in order to fight
climate change. Even if most of the press focuses on the $$$ transfert
question, it is in fact in two parts: the 10 billions $/year for the
developed countries to pay, and the techs that have to be transfered.

i really think we should all voice loud about that, it is the due time.

A few elements i have already gathered:

- only 2,15% of the patents at the WiPO concern environment.
- That figure isn't growing…
- it's covered under the TRIPS
http://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/trips_e/trips_e.htm
- french official report covering the subject (in French)
http://www.strategie.gouv.fr/article.php3?id_article=1081

i'm rummaging a fast press release once i have done my homework…

Denis (still with that dratted bl… f…g broken keyboard)
partipirate.org board of directors - Île-de-France coordinator
Wi-Fi is evil