[pp.int.general] Copenhagen, our turn to dive into

bakel362 at planet.nl bakel362 at planet.nl
Mon Dec 14 16:55:12 CET 2009

If global warning is merely a conspiracy to boost the shareholder value of General Electric and other commercial firms, a thorough patent reform will remove their incentive to "sell" us a climate problem, or at least: to sell us a bad conscence because allegedly we created the problems as humans ourselves.

In sum, if PP is really successful, and abolishes the patent system, perhaps the climate problem will suddenly disappear (or at least the public debate on it).

A more serious comment to be made is that insiders (I am not) believe that the present sense of urgence on the climate problem could catalyse patent reform. This is the agio old "Verelendung": hope (and perhaps help) that a problem grows and becomes ever more fightening: then eveybody will be prepared to ACT.

reinier