[pp.int.general] PiratePad.net - Restriction to 16 Users?

Gregory Engels Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Fri Dec 25 19:29:54 CET 2009

I am not affiliated in any way with the hosters of piratepad.net,
but the 16 collabarators limitation is the heritage from the
etherpad business modell.

You can fix it, by tweaking the source code or you could
use the "pro" featured pad, wich does not have the 16 users
limitation, and allowes to have access-controlled pads.

unfortunately the "pro" feature is quite difficult to enable in the
open source etherpad, it needs the ability to send mails,
that is turned off by default.

We (the Hesse branch of the PP-DE) have an etherpad-test vmware,
and have tweaked the anonymous pads to 32 users, but it seems, that
etherpad
is quite a memory hogger and needs a lot of resources for
big pads... (We use the pads for the realtime documentation
of the open board meetings, this can hit the limit of 16 users
quite easily)

we plan to host it in our own environment, when we are done with the
tweaking.

best regards, Gregory