[pp.int.general] Preliminary draft of new DK government report on internet piracy

Ole Husgaard pirat at sparre.dk
Sun Feb 8 02:21:55 CET 2009

Hi,

I thought this could be interesting to some of you, though a lot of it
is in danish: http://www.piratpartiet.dk/sites/default/files/misc/tt.zip

Please note that this is only an early draft of the report, and that
there could be changes in the final report. I expect a major political
fight here in Denmark in a few months after the final report has been
released.

Internationally, appendix 6 (bilag 6.PDF) is interesting, as it contains
answers from various other governments on what they are doing or are
planning to do.

Although I have not had time to read it all, I suspect there are factual
errors. For example USA replied that maximum statuory damages in civil
cases are DKK 30000 (about US$5100) per infringed work, which I believe
is wrong (Isn't it US$150000 if willful, and US$750 otherwise?).

So if you have the time and know the language of the reply, you are
welcome to have a look and let me know if you find any factual errors.
These are the countries that replied, and the reply language:

France: In english
New Zealand: In danish
Belgium: In danish
USA: In danish