[pp.int.general] FRA Warning

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 1 09:37:19 CET 2009

Will Pomes wrote:
> The only problem that I have with thunderbird is that gmail doesn't seem to want to play nice with it....
>
> if anyone here knows a solution to this, please feel free to send me an email detailing the way to set this up.

ON THUNDERBIRD

*Account settings*
Account name: /whatever/
Your name: Will Pomes
Your mail: /your mail, written as username at gmail.com/
/Other fields optional/
Outgoing server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com

*Server settings*
Server Type: POP Mail Server
Server Name: pop.gmail.com        Port: 995
User Name: /your mail, written as username at gmail.com/
/Other fields optional or depending on your preferences/

*Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings*
(/For smtp.gmail.com/)
Server Name: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
User Name: /your mail, written as username at gmail.com///
/Other fields optional or depending on your preferences/

ON HTTP://GMAIL.COM
*Settings/Forwarding and POP/IMAP*
POP Download Status: Enable POP for all mail
When messages are accessed with POP: /this depends on whether you want
to keep webmail copies once you downloaded mail/
IMAP Access Status: Enable IMAP

With these changes it should work :) Regards,

Carlos Ayala

( Aiarakoa )

Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman