[pp.int.general] "Natural" law

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Wed Jan 7 17:31:41 CET 2009

Carlos Ayala Vargas wrote:
> maybe we should ... not to avoid the /language arena/, otherwise we
> may find 50 years later a Treaty of Rome /reloaded/ with even worse
> provisions. With your permission, we in PIRATA are going to keep
> trying to win in the /language arena/. We are comparable to Getafe
> F.C., while pro-copyright lobbies are rather comparable to Sevilla
> F.C., Valencia F.C., FC Bayern München and such big football clubs ...
> however, Getafe lost by a tiny margin -respectively: 1-0, 3-1 (both in
> Cup finals) and 4-4 (on away goals, in UEFA Cup quarterfinals, with a
> last-minute goal and playing arguably better than Bayern)-, and could
> have won any of those matches/ties in spite of the size difference.
>
> While not being aware of that difference would be delusional, being
> scared by it is not an option for us.
Don't misunderstand me: I repeat I am aware of the size and arsenal
-money, human resources, supporting mass media,etc- difference between
us and the pro-copyright lobbies.

The thing is that, coming back to the sporting similes, if that matters
that much, no single small teams would compete in any competitions: only
Argentina, USA, Spain and a 4th one would play basketball championships;
only Brazil, Germany, Italy and a 4th one would play football
championships; etc. ... however, Greece was Euro 2004 football champion
against all odds; it would be seen as an example of hard working making
everyone, at least, able to win at any /arena/ -though being able is not
enough, of course-.

And if anyway you don't give credit to what I say, then try with Rick
Falkvinge's words: "/our enemy has no intellectual capital to bring to
the battle/". Why should be avoid the /language arena/, then?

http://www.p2pconsortium.com/index.php?showtopic=15274

Carlos Ayala

( Aiarakoa )

Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman