[pp.int.general] Of State and Main (I can't come up withabetter subject)

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 8 14:39:39 CET 2009

Instead of answering Reinier myself:

Per von Zweigbergk wrote:
> These are useful arguments, yes, and no strategy should ever be based
> on a single argument known to be incomplete or possible to counter.
> *You don't win a sea battle with only cannons. But you also don't win
> a sea battle with only ships*.
>
> That doesn't mean that pirates can't use human rights arguments as
> well. If we don't use human rights arguments, and politicians working
> against our interest use them, we'll have lost on that issue. We have
> a different interpretation of what a proper balance should be, that
> does not mean we should entirely abandon the human rights argument
> because some politician might come with a different interpretation.
> *We can't be afraid of confrontation, then we can do nothing*.
>
> Different arguments are useful in different scenarios. Practical
> arguments like the ones you suggest are useful when debating specific
> laws and specific types of laws, but I believe human rights arguments
> are vital to establish an ideology. *It's not either human rights or
> practical arguments -- both should be used, and the correct argument
> chosen for the appropriate situation*.
Fully agree. I actually shown some non-human rights arguments that I use
to employ together with human rights arguments, and Reinier enjoyed
them; the thing is that as Per says, both human rights and non-human
rights arguments are compatible -sometimes remarking ones, sometimes
remarking others, sometimes even both-. Regards,

Carlos Ayala

( Aiarakoa )

                                                                Partido
Pirata National Board's Chairman