[pp.int.general] copyright vs. "droit d'auteur"

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 17:12:54 CET 2009

2009/1/8 Per von Zweigbergk <per.von.zweigbergk at piratpartiet.se>:
> translators any special protection at all. The natural state is that all
> information can be copied and modified without limit. Anything else is an
> artificial restriction set in law.

Similarly, all people can be mugged. Anything stopping people from
mugging one another is an artificial restriction.

All of our laws are artificial restrictions in one way or the other.
The law is just a way of expressing what we, in society, feel is
decent behaviour towards one another.

As I previously stated there are also a number of examples of already
functioning systems for fan translations, ranging from the author
wants them, to the author doesn't care about pursuing the matter. I
would see this as primarily a consumer struggle, if consumers are
really keen to make translations. Ultimately, that's also going to be
better than legislating against author control of the artistic
expression.

/amelia