[pp.int.general] Joe Biden is an enemy

Per von Zweigbergk per.von.zweigbergk at piratpartiet.se
Wed Jan 21 16:09:34 CET 2009

21 jan 2009 kl. 14.56 skrev Reinier Bakels:

>> It's not exactly news, nor is that 2 weeks ago, omaba nominated two
>> former RIAA civil suit prosecutors to 2nd and 3rd places in the
>> Department of justice (first being the Attorney General). Thats got
>> coverage in the Us and even in Sweden, with references made to PPUS.
>
> Well, for me it was news, but for insiders like yourself it
> obviously isn't. Could you - as an insider - tell me whether there
> are any (powerfull?) PP-friendly politicians in the US?

I'd like an answer to this as well. I had heard about the nomination
of the former RIAA prosecutors to the DoJ posts (via Slashdot as well
as via Swedish news), but I was not aware of Joe Biden's role in the
document Reiner posted in the first e-mail of this thread.

Remember, this e-mail list is about international cooperation between
pirate parties. I don't think everyone can be expected to know about
the political circumstances in different countries. If I list the
names of some Swedish members of parliament:

- Staffan Danielsson
- Fredrick Federley
- Karin Pilsäter
- Lage Rahm
- Alice Åström

I'm sure most of you (Swedish members of the list excepted) would have
no idea at all about which of these people are sympathetic or
unsympathetic to the goals of the pirate movement.

As such, I would absolutely encourage that the list contains posts
about politicians being sympathetic or unsympathetic to our issues. We
should absolutely try to refrain from calling "old news" on some fact
that might not be generally known. It might be well known to *you*,
but it might not be to everyone else. I have enough on my mind to try
to remember how the politicians here in Sweden are acting.

Maybe a wiki effort to document these kinds of things could be useful?

Finally, if this was "old news" to the US Pirate Party, why did the US
Pirate Party endorse Obama as President of the USA in the first place?
If I knew what I know now, and what the US PP considers old news - it
would indicate pretty poor judgement on the part of the PPUS.

--
Per von Zweigbergk

VARNING: E-post till och från Sverige, eller som passerar servrar i
Sverige, avlyssnas av Försvarets Radioanstalt, FRA.
WARNING: E-mail to and from Sweden, or via servers in Sweden, is
intercepted by the Swedish National Defense Radio Establishment.