[pp.int.general] Action Day

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Thu Jan 22 23:10:42 CET 2009

>> If you're going to be afraid to appear in public because people might
>> not take you seriously, people will never take you seriously.
> I think there may be just few things more true than that, and I talk from
> my experience collecting signatures.
>
> At the beginning, when you say "/I'm collecting signatures for a party
> which is willing to concur to EU Election/ [...]" and people -just for
> curiosity or after having seen the party logo in the forms- asks "/and
> which is the party's name?/", the first reaction ranges from a grin to a
> loud laugh.

Don't get me wrong. My only concern was that a *demonstration* can be
counter-productive. And it may worth while to acknowledge that the (limited
number of people) who are engaged in the fight against copyright and for
privacy have alternatives for activism. Like myself. The end effect may be
that there will be no Dutch PP at all, eventually. Noute that in NL only
.667% of votes is needed for a parliament seat, so act responsibly!
reinier