[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: PIRATA internal ballot, results

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sat Jan 24 03:37:34 CET 2009

- Turnout: 64'29 %
* Valid votes: 66'66 %
* Invalid votes (cast by members without having their fees up-to-date):
33'33 %

- Votes -remembering *differences between the three existing drafts*
<http://int.piratenpartei.de/Pirate_Manifesto_Final_Drafts>-:
* Draft A <http://int.piratenpartei.de/Pirate_Manifesto_Draft_C>: 0 %
* Draft B <http://int.piratenpartei.de/Pirate_Manifesto_Draft_B>: 0 %
** Draft C <http://int.piratenpartei.de/Pirate_Manifesto_Draft_C>: 100 %*
* /None of the former/ -for those unhappy with existing options, to ask
for new ones-: 0 %

We need to improve our Telematic Voting System by avoiding invalid votes
-i.e., simply denying members without having their fees up-to-date,
according to PIRATA Statute, to cast their votes-; anyway, given Draft
C's landslide, invalid votes have not affected the final result. Also,
while 64'29 % is a decent turnout, we hope to improve it with our liquid
democracy system -allowing delegated vote-, to reach adequate turnout
levels -at least for critical decisions like this-.

With 100 % of valid votes, the *draft chosen by PIRATA is Draft C
<http://int.piratenpartei.de/Pirate_Manifesto_Draft_C>*. Hope there can
be news from other pirate parties soon -currently I'm not aware even
whether simmilar ballots are being held or not-. Regards,

Carlos Ayala

( Aiarakoa )

Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman