[pp.int.general] purpose of manifesto

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sun Jan 25 01:15:35 CET 2009

Reinier Bakels wrote:
>> The entire reason for the name "Pirate Party" is to adopt a negative
>> label "pirate" and turn it into something positive.
> Now we are back on topic (at last!). I still have my doubts whether
> the designation "pirate" has a positive promotional effect. I
> acknowledge that the shock effect may add to the attention value. But
> otoh it is a negative concept ...
You repeat what you said, thus I repeat what I already answered:
Piratpartiet is also pirate party (in Swedish) and has 8.000 members in
a 9-million inhabitants country (and good polls); also, Piraattipuolue
is pirate party (in Finnish) and has 900 members in a 5-million
inhabitants country; thus, the connotations for the /pirate/ thing I
think are not that important.