[pp.int.general] purpose of manifesto

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Wed Jan 28 09:09:09 CET 2009

> while pirates may be inclined to prefer the former, remember that open
> source licences like gnu depend on the latter perspective
i forgot to say that under the natural rights perspective authors lopgically
have the right to forbid their words to be used in certain ways. such as
music for torture purposes at guantanamo bay and in secret cia prisons (in
poland and romania?)
here the "property"(*) aspect is relevant indeed. you can not buy my car
either, it is my property and i may decided you don't get it, whatever price
you are prepared to pay!
> reinier
(*) remember that the rejection of the "intellectual property" concept does
not preclude that e.g. a patent is called a "property right". but that is at
a different level: the level of *respecting* (acknowledged) rights rather
than the level of *granting* rights.