[pp.int.general] purpose of manifesto

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Wed Jan 28 10:48:43 CET 2009

The answer is short. Yes, "natural law" is (commonly seen as) a questionable
concept, and you just re-invented the reasons. Yet there is a need to name
"non-utilitarian rights". Not everything is economics. The "auithors right"
concept in its purest form implies that the author decides, "because he is
entitled to", however detrimental that may be for social welfare. The famous
phrase about copyright in the American constitution starts from the
perspective of the interest of society.
reinier

Groeten, Grüße, Regards, Cordialement, Hälsningar, Ciao, Saygilar,
Üdvözlettel, Pozdrowienia, Kumusta, Adios, Oan't sjen, Ave, Doei, Yassou,
Yoroshiku, Slán, Vinarliga, Kær Kvedja
>>> REINIER B. BAKELS PhD LL.M. MSc
private: Johan Willem Frisostraat 149, 2713 CC Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
telephone: +31 79 316 3126, GSM ("Handy") +31 6 4988 6490,  fax +31 79 316
7221