[pp.int.general] purpose of manifesto

Richard M Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu Jan 29 15:32:25 CET 2009

    While I may agree on the idea of using separate terms for separate
    concepts -it matches what the Final Drafts state-, as I commented in
    previous mails, the /c word/ doesn't exist as such in the Spanish legal
    framework, where the author's rights thing is rather used. Regards,

I was writing in English so I mentioned the English names of these
laws.  In other languages, naturally you would use other words.  In
Spanish I would refer to them as "derechos de autor", "patentes" and
"marcas".

However, people everywhere are familiar with the word "copyright",
so it would work to use that word in Spanish too, if one wishes.