[pp.int.general] A PPI Announcement

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 19:27:51 CEST 2009

1st: My deepest and sincerest thanks to Andrew Norton for his
continued efforts for the PPI. I feel that on some level we have been
successful, if not only for many of the good discussions, and also
some of the less good ones, on this list.

My analysis of the communication problem (from a Swedish perspective) is:
-even international coordinators can't get a good view of what is
happening in their national party. Too much is going on, or enough
structured internal communication channels inside the party don't
exist.

Therefore, what the PPI needs is to define _what_ information the PPI needs.

-Do we need to be able to articulate shared opinions in certain global subjects?
-Do we need to share information (only) on national campaigns?
-Should we always inform one another political achievements on a
national level? If not, are there exceptions? If, for instance, in
Germany PPDE has successes in one of the states of Germany, does that
still count as national achievements?

Based on previous experiences, maybe the PPI should focus more on
short-term goals than long-term strategies? At least until we have
built an internal organisation that can handle, primarily, conflicts.

sincerely,

2009/7/10 coretx <coretx at piratenpartij.nl>:
> Reinier, this is /not/ about a manifest.
> This is about creating a strong and firm PPI.
>
> With, or without a manifest or what so ever.

>>> The last half of last year there was a vigurous debate on PPI principles
>>> (and "Manifesto's"). Attached is a couter proposal I presented at the
>>> Helsinki conference early February, after consultation with Samir
>>> Allioui,
>>> acting chairman of PP/NL. At the meeting, I found that PP leaders such as
>>> Rick Falckvinge, Christian Engström and Jens Seipenbusch don't consider a
>>> manifesto or a statement of principles a priority, to say the least.
>>>
>>> The outrageous copyright and patent lobby needs immediate answers, no
>>> philosophies.
>>>
>>> reinier
>>
>> and response, based on that we?
>> based on anger, "based on not wanting to feel deprived of our freedom?
>> to decide on the basis that it is political philosophy, just keep
>> talking about ideas is what we must do,
>>
>> there is a philosophical framework, which was discussed last semester,
>> the new pirate should read, and then take action to curb attempts to
>> achieve monopoly kidnapped our freedom.
>>
>> (i apology for my english,  is made in google translator)

>> --
>> "Con un gran poder viene una gran responsabilidad, y no necesariamente
>> grandes retribuciones, de eso se trata la nobleza"
>>
>> http://www.partidopirata.cl
>> http://www.somoslibres.cl
>> ¿Con qué derecho deciden por mí? http://www.liberaciondigital.org

Amelia Andersdotter