[pp.int.general] cultural flatrate: PP position?

coretx at piratenpartij.nl coretx at piratenpartij.nl
Tue Jun 2 17:28:49 CEST 2009

Many arguments have come to our attention.

What i would like to know is if the ( moral ) value of culture & knowledge
is quantifiable.
If it is, a human life should be to.

Christian wrote that some (rightholders) will profit more from the system
than others.
No system will ever be viable or fair for all partys involved, so there i
agree.

We should not only think about economic principles, but include the moral
rights of humanity and the non quantifiable values of culture, knowledge
etc.
In other words, we need a pareto efficient solution.
By just aiming at the economical aspects we are basically working for the
industry.

But even if you still do so, all industry proposals so far result in a less
pareto efficient situation.
And so does any current form of "compensation".
Paradigms off how "the industry" should be compensated should be broken.
At first, we should decide how society can be "compensated". And then
search for a pareto efficient equilibrium.
Not the other way round.

In the end, society is about us, not about corporations. They are to
service society, not the other way round.

Just my opinion :)