[pp.int.general] cultural flatrate: PP position?

Christian pp at christian-hufgard.de
Fri Jun 5 21:32:42 CEST 2009

Reinier Bakels wrote:
>> http://mecenat-global.org holds a newer proposal.
> You hit the nail on the head. Numbers don't matter for culture. The
> redistribution problem is not a technicality, but essential, and
> questions the fundamental principles of PRESENT copyright. Eventually, a
> modern Mecenat indeed appears a good solution (but unfortunately I could
> not access the website).

Website is working again...

This approach is a possible solution for a non privacy intrusive
flatrate model. But none, that the right holders will accept since the
danger is pretty high, that their share of the cake will decrase. Maybe
in other countries this differs, but in germany the right holders
organiation (GEMA) does a pretty clever redistribution from all artists
to a fewer subset of majors.

Christian