[pp.int.general] UK news: "a bunch of nerds"...

Glenn Kerbein glenn.kerbein at pirate-party.us
Tue Jun 9 21:24:29 CEST 2009

That's flat out slander. You may want to look into writing a very
scolding letter to the company (Rapport, I assume).

It's pretty hypocritical that he calls us a bunch of nerds. Yet, when
you consider each third party's expertise, the esoteric nature of it
lends to a qausi-nerdishness about it. Case and point: the Green Party's
instance on using alternate fuel sources. (No bad feelings for the Greens)
	"This is not something you'd see in the UK..." And yet the PPUK is a
burgeoning party. The Brit makes the stipulation that the conventional
supercedes the comtemporary voter's inclinations. This is an obvious
endorsement of a polarized system.
	Nevertheless, good find Rick.

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) wrote:
> http://playrapport.se/video/1587254
>
> National TV news, four minutes, British media interviewed 40 seconds
> into the clip:
>
> "In Britain, we're looking at this as a kind of a phenomenon. These are
> really a bunch of nerds that have managed to get themselves into the
> European Parliament -- beating parties that are in the governing
> coalition! That's really shocking."

Glenn "Channel6" Kerbein
Pirate Party of the United States
"Burn, Hollywood, Burn"