[pp.int.general] UK news: "a bunch of nerds"...

Rickard Olsson rickard.olsson at piratpartiet.se
Wed Jun 10 09:06:42 CEST 2009

pietro wrote:

>> I can't help but noticing how the guy looks really admiring while
>> saying that :-)
>
> Yeah, he is baffled. I don't know about others, but I'm proud of being a nerd,
> and even though I'm not swedish I am *really* *really* proud to be in the EP!

He (Ben Cohen from Channel Four) and his cameraman Simon hung around us
for several days, and Ben constantly had that awed expression on his
face, like he was watching history in the making, swept up in a perfect
storm of commitment and dedication, happy that he could witness it first
hand.

Oh wait, he was. :-D

A few pics of the crew from the day before;
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1775750&l=6051aab11c&id=677197953
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1775753&l=de99c17906&id=677197953

In the second picture, Christian meets with the Christian Democrat's
leader while Rick is spreading flyers. Christian later said "Is he
always that small, or is it just his poll numbers?" - as Göran Hägglund
is sized like a garden gnome. It doesn't come across well in this angle,
but he's like a full head shorter than Christian. About the same size as
Ben, actually.

At the election watch dinner, Simon told Ben to walk right into an
ongoing interview that Christian was giving to some other media and I
told him "Oh nice, he's so small you can send him in anywhere!" - Simon
almost dropped the camera. ;-)
(
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1783142&l=05f687455f&id=677197953
- you can see Ben's back just behind CE, this is a few seconds before he
poked his head out between CE and the guy in white shirt and started
talking loudly to Simon's camera, out of frame to the right. It was
chaos. Pretty, lovely chaos. )

/ Richie - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=677197953