[pp.int.general] cultural flatrate: PP position?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Wed Jun 10 23:02:19 CEST 2009

I wrote

    > Some kinds of wishes are not entitled to respect.  For instance, if
    > someone says he wishes that we not share copies of a published work,
    > the proper response is "Sharing is good.  The favor of refusing to share
    > with others is one we will not do for you."

and you responded

    And someone else might say the wish to forbid the usage of free code in
    unfree code is not entitled to respect. (I know, writing this in a reply
    to you is nearly blasphemy... :)

Beyond acknowledging their freedom to express opposing views,
we need not trouble ourselves with what they might say.