[pp.int.general] French 'hadopi' law deemed unconstitutional by the Constitutional Council

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 01:24:50 CEST 2009

> Thanks for telling us. It's nice to hear, even though it's still far away
> from a real victory. Are there any French Articles about it yet? I'd like
> to read them to blog about it in German. It would be nice if you could
> send us some links about it.

If you're looking for French articles, here's one link to rule them all:
http://standblog.org/blog/post/2009/06/10/Hadopi-d%C3%A9zingu%C3%A9e

(It's Tristan Nitot's blog, he's the CEO of Mozilla Europe).

However, as we've seen with Sarkozy's infamous law on "safety
retention" (that allows people to be imprisoned for their entire life
no matter their conviction), I think our government will just change a
few words and then try again with this law.

By the way, the worst is yet to come: Sarkozy is now trying to sell us
a new 'anti-terror' law that will create a whitelist/blacklist-type
filtering of the Internet, country-wide (just like in China). This new
law is named LOPPSI and you may hear about it in months to come;
HADOPI was really just an appetizer meant to please Sarkozy's friends.

Regards,
Valentin