[pp.int.general] Non-commercial use

Mikko Särelä msarela at cc.hut.fi
Sat Jun 13 08:01:24 CEST 2009

Hey,

I have been thinking about how the clause to always allow non-commercial
use should be defined. The line is blurred if the definition is based on
"not making money out of it" as there are so many different ways that one
can get monetary compensation even if one does not sell the product.

Any ideas on how it should be delimited?

I have been toying with the idea that we should make sure that things
published with a free licence (such as GPL or CC) should preferably be
counted as non-commercial even if it is a commercial company doing the
publishing or the creator has some other external means of making money).

What do you think?

--
Mikko Särelä
"It is through exchange that difference becomes a blessing, not a