[pp.int.general] The real 'party with a difference'

Rodrigo Pereira rodripe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 18:49:07 CEST 2009

A few years ago, Brazil broke a few patents on medicines such as medicines
to treat HIV mainly. There was no damage to industries that began to compete
simply producing more types of drugs. It is possible that many companies
have expanded their profits by breaking the patent because it improved its
market.

When I go to a pharmacy to buy an aspirin in Brazil, I can buy the product
from Bayer or other with similar costs that on average half the value. This
is very important in a poor country like Brazil. Bayer continues to sell its
product and sells well because invest heavily in marketing.

Rodrigo
Brazilian Pirate Party