[pp.int.general] Pirates and Pedophiles

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Mon Jun 22 12:34:00 CEST 2009

> Now, I welcome any debate on the laws and problems involved with trying to
> "outlaw" pedofelia, but to go into discussion about the reason for old men
> wanting to fuck young boys etc, is irrelevant, retarded and like spitting
> against the wind.
> None of us have any clue what so ever about the "real" reasons for
> pedophilia and science has yet to come up with a biological test, that
> proves pedophilia to be a disease or just a trick of the mind.

You are right, thanx 4 the warning, PP should avoid by all means to be
considered/connected to a "pedoparty"- that actually existed once in NL, but
disappeared very soon again. Still, one can not argue that there is no
connection: fighting child abuse is easily abused as a blanket argument to
allow pervasive eavesdropping, giving up privacy. It is an even stronger
argument than drugs safety, a similar widely abused argument. There are
ample examples of black lists of child porno websites that actually only are
adult porno websites. And if the authorities are allowed to "spy" for child
pornography, why not address (alleged) copyright infringement and file
sharing at the same time?

That was the reason I thought of some kind of counter-attack: perhaps is
tough enforcement actually *detrimental* for its very purpose, protection of
children. But I agree, this should not be a (central) PP message.

reinier