[pp.int.general] Partito Pirata Italiana wants to be renamed "Nazione Internet"?

Ole Husgaard pirat at sparre.dk
Mon Jun 22 19:23:16 CEST 2009

Hi,

It is quite interesting that we have never seen PP.it on any of the
international conferences, or seen them active in other international
debates.

Alex Foti wrote:
> for instance he's against anonymizers, and also regards no
> copyright positions as misguided.
Being against anonymizers can be seen as being against the right to
anonymity. IMHO the right to anonymous speech is important for our
democracy, and I think this should be part of core pirate policy.

Having a position that copyright should be abolished is IMHO ok. Many
people in the pirate parties hold this position, though I do not think
it is the official position of any pirate party. But many people in the
pirate parties also think this position is misguided, and I also think
it is ok to think so.

> "Frankly, I'm starting to think that it would be opportune to change
> name to the association and adopt something like "Nazione Internet".
> This would solve us many problems."

This name is not as right-wing as it seems on the surface. It does not
indicate nationalism, but transnationalism.

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.