[pp.int.general] International day of Sharing - September 12

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 08:36:30 CEST 2009

2009/6/25 Andrew Norton <andrew.norton at pirate-party.us>:
> Before then, there's also Fair use Day - July 11th

We could create a Fair Use Day Event on Facebook, and with the help of
Pirates on this late translate the terms of Fair Use Day to many
different languages (I think in Europe Fair Use is more like
exceptions and limitations though).

But we need some kind of symbolism for that. Like, on the Fair Use Day
everyone wears an item of purple shade or write a letter to their
political representative asking them to support Fair Use (the WIPO
treaty for the rights of blind people could be a place to start)

http://www.eff.org/files/filenode/reading_disabled/SCCR18%20_EFF%20statement.pdf
http://www.eff.org/issues/reading-accessibility

/amelia

> Jorge wrote:
>> International day of Sharing! Why not a global action of pirate parties?
>>
>> I suggest/ /September 12 2009 rembering Scott McCausland
>> (http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-user-pleads-guilty/).
>>
>> We could share CDs, DVDs, musics in MP3 players, cakes, cookies etc. in
>> public places.
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Jorge
>> www.partidopirata.org