[pp.int.general] International day of Sharing - September 12

jamie king jk.jamie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 09:21:11 CEST 2009

Some years ago I started the "Shivers of Sharing" event which was a
kind of peripatetic, social, situated sharing event -- bit like a swap
shop for files. Very enjoyable.

On 25/06/2009, Alex Foti <alex.foti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Share Day is a lot more powerful and understandable in europe and possibly
> worldwide.
>
> sharing is caring:)
>
> lx
>
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Amelia Andersdotter
> <teirdes at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2009/6/25 Andrew Norton <andrew.norton at pirate-party.us>:
>> > Before then, there's also Fair use Day - July 11th
>> >

>> We could create a Fair Use Day Event on Facebook, and with the help of
>> Pirates on this late translate the terms of Fair Use Day to many
>> different languages (I think in Europe Fair Use is more like
>> exceptions and limitations though).
>>
>> But we need some kind of symbolism for that. Like, on the Fair Use Day
>> everyone wears an item of purple shade or write a letter to their
>> political representative asking them to support Fair Use (the WIPO
>> treaty for the rights of blind people could be a place to start)
>>

>> http://www.eff.org/files/filenode/reading_disabled/SCCR18%20_EFF%20statement.pdf
>> http://www.eff.org/issues/reading-accessibility
>>
>> /amelia

>> --
>> Amelia Andersdotter
>> Lissabon-MEP
>>
>> +46 738436779
>> www.ameliatillbryssel.se

Sent from my mobile device

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
location BERLIN

CURRENTLY WORKING ON: VODO.NET, DARKFIBRE.IN, FRINGY.NET

twitter: #dark_fibre #vodo #fringy
phone                   (for voice calls please consider any time difference)

Local landline: + 49 30 657 99496
UK: + 44 20 8133 7673
chat

jabber -- jamie_k at bootlab.org / skype -- jamie_jk / msn -- jjr_king