[pp.int.general] International day of Sharing - September 12

jamie king jk.jamie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 14:11:54 CEST 2009

Just a question: if 'fair use' (which even in the US is a series of
exceptions, really, not a right, and thus subject to the vagaries and
interpretations of courts and lawyers) is all the 'pirate party' can
come up why would it be called the 'pirate' party? 'Fair use' is
supported by liberals the world over. In the UK, Channel 4 issues fair
use guidelines to documentarists. Shouldn't a pirate party articulate
policies that are more meaningful to its supporters and base?

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 12:05 AM, pietro<pietro at riseup.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 09:26:53AM -0300, Jorge wrote:
>> Amelia,
>>
>> As other coubtries, we don't use the concept of "fair use" in Brazil. I
>> think the term "sharing" is more powerfull and can be used in a multiple
>> senses.
>
> Jorge,
>
> As Amelia said previously Europe also doesn't have "fair use" but exceptions and limitations to copyright. The same happens ins Brasil.
>
> pietro
>
> --
> the streets are the people's root shell

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
location BERLIN

CURRENTLY WORKING ON: VODO.NET, DARKFIBRE.IN, FRINGY.NET

twitter: #dark_fibre #vodo #fringy
phone                   (for voice calls please consider any time difference)

Local landline: + 49 30 657 99496
UK: + 44 20 8133 7673
chat

jabber -- jamie_k at bootlab.org / skype -- jamie_jk / msn -- jjr_king