[pp.int.general] International day of Sharing - September 12

jamie king jk.jamie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 11:14:18 CEST 2009

> As someone already said fair use or limits/exceptions are already part of
> current copyright law. i see the "fair use day" as an oportunity to do outreach
> and to inform people about copyright and our proposals to change it.

Wouldn't you say that the success of the Pirate Party is largely
premised on the struggles of The Pirate Bay and the related experience
of millions of people for whom downloading and sharing copyrighted
material is part of their everyday lives? Are you saying that
'informing people about fair use' is a Pirate Party priority? If so,
where does it sit compared to, for example, representing the millions
of people whose everyday activity is considered increasingly illegal,
leading to them being surveilled, fined, harassed, imprisoned and so
on? Where does the priority of 'informing people about fair use' sit
against reforming the law in such a way that it can make sense to the
vast majority of people, people who are indeed producing the sea-swell
on which the Pirate Party is sailing?

--
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
location BERLIN

CURRENTLY WORKING ON: VODO.NET, DARKFIBRE.IN, FRINGY.NET

twitter: #dark_fibre #vodo #fringy
phone                   (for voice calls please consider any time difference)

Local landline: + 49 30 657 99496
UK: + 44 20 8133 7673
chat

jabber -- jamie_k at bootlab.org / skype -- jamie_jk / msn -- jjr_king