[pp.int.general] Little Brother

Andrew Norton andrew.norton at pirate-party.us
Mon Mar 30 16:02:11 CEST 2009

Yeah, I spoke to Cory not long after it came out. A month or so after
the book came out in the summer, the PPUS were getting emails about free
email accounts, I don't know if Rick+co were too, but I'd assume so.

As I told Cory, perhaps in a scary coincidence, I was working at one of
the locations (the one central to the second half of the book) less than
2 months after 9/11, at the time the 4 big bridges in the bay area were
under 'imminent terrorist threat'. I had to travel 3 of them each day,
and the studio we were filming in overlooked the bay bridge. One day we
passed an abandoned 2 1/2 ton truck, and reported it to the army unit
stationed at the midpoint of the bridge (which is where the exit to our
filming location was) and 3-4 hours later, no-one had approached the
truck, and traffic was still flowing.

I know from experiance how terrorist threats should be dealt with; I
grew up around the IRA bombing campaigns of the 80s, and in 1993, I
walked past a bomb minutes before it went off, in March 93. Such things
stay with you....

Andrew