[pp.int.general] Sad day in France

Nicolas Sahlqvist nicco77 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 17:46:32 CEST 2009

It goes sadly beyond shutting down a internet user I'm afraid...

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/05/has-hadopi-driven-french-insane.html

"At the end of a certified evaluation procedure, and taking into
consideration conformity with the specifications set out in the
previous paragraph and their effectiveness, the High Authority will
issue a list certifying the security software whose use will validly
exonerate the access holder (internet user!) from their responsibility
under the terms of article L. 336-3. This certification will be
periodically revised.

Mmmh. So what the law intends is to set up a meeting between security
software vendors, antipiracy organizations and ISPs to decide what
software you need to install on your machine, so that they can be sure
that you behave yourself. If you don’t fancy installing their device,
then you’ll just have to swallow any liability consequent to someone
else using your machine or accessing your connection."

http://knowfuture.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/hadopi-spyware-provisions-and-the-tf1-sacking/

This is essentially DRM by law, I seen this setup on high security
companies where people could get into problems for installing Gaim for
example, not a future I want to see on my private computer!

- Nicolas