[pp.int.general] A Swedish Rights Management organization now accepts some CC licences

Ole Husgaard pirat at sparre.dk
Wed May 27 21:04:56 CEST 2009

Valentin Villenave skrev:
> Actually (still according to the CC ML), there seems to have already
> been some efforts from other organizations, such as BUMA-STEMRA in
> Netherland, KODA in Denmark and ASCAP in the USA.
>
> We should gather some informations about these too, and maybe use
> these as a leverage to demonstrate how stuborn are the RIAA, the
> French SACEM and others.

I can confirm that KODA (the danish composer's and song text author's
collecting society less than half a year ago allowed the composers and
song text authors to release their works under a CC-NC license. I am not
quite sure of the precise terms, but KODA has said that they cannot give
the artists money for works released under a CC-NC license. However, it
looks like they can still collect from the use of these works (although
those they collect from are now legally entitled to refuse to pay for
any non-commercial use of these works). But for now it is only a trial,
and it looks like Koda is allowed to turn back on this.

I am leaving for a few days in 30 minutes, so I do not have time to
research further.

But here is a danish blog entry about it:
http://henrikmoltke.dk/2008/01/koda-og-cc-sd-musik-for-progressive.html
And another danish blog entry about the same being done in the
Netherlands:
http://henrikmoltke.dk/2007/08/creative-commons-hollands-koda-sd-musik.html

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.