[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

np np at planetarc.de
Sun Nov 1 00:36:46 CET 2009

Christian Hufgard wrote:
> A guy from Jammin*Inc told me, that recording their last album did cost
> them 20k. Might have been, because they are 15 musicians. Michael
> Herberger, producer of Söhne Mannheim, gave me the figure of 90k, if I
> remember correctly. I'll write him an email.

Christian, it always depends on the budget and needs you have.. Sure -
for 15 musicans you need more time (and money). If you're a big act like
Söhne Mannheim you'll of course have a bigger budget.

On one side you get what you pay for, on the other most people listen to
music as low bitrate mp3 with shitty headphones and won't be able to
tell the difference between a good mastering and an okay mastering at
the first place...

15k is plenty of money for production of an ordinary indy act..

Nils

Btw - it could be just me, but i don't get any copies of my own mails
when I write to to the pp.int list.. That's the only list that behaves
that way.. Any ideas what's wrong there or is that intended?