[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Sun Nov 1 13:56:19 CET 2009

Boris Turovskiy wrote:
> Christian Hufgard wrote:
>>
>> Because it is much easier to reach Jane and John Doe if we act as a
>> party and we can build up more pressure on other parties.
> You haven't answered my question: why do we try to get the _laws_
> changed rather than work on ways to circumvent them and neutralize the
> harm they cause? Because following your arguments on free content, we
> could as well say (on the topic of surveillance) "OK, the laws are
> there, we accept them, but we'll set up anonymizer services so that
> anybody can avoid the surveillance".

Surveillance is much for dangerous for us, that no free access to the
latest song of Brittney Spears...

>> I would not invest the same amount of time for free downloads than for
>> freedom.
>>
> Well that seems to be a difference between us (and I admit that in the
> German Pirate Party you represent the majority) - for me the copyright
> reform was the central motive for joining the PP and working in it.
> And please, don't mimic the low-level press that tries to denounce our
> goals on copyright as "free downloads for all".

Mmmh. In this discussion most people want exactly this: Free downloads
for all. The freedom to download everything for free.

I think, in the german PP I am a minority. Most pirates want free
downloads. Since we are getting more and more, we also have a lot that
do not see the danger of gouvernmental surveillance but are pirates,
since it seems to be cool...

Christian