[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Signe Somdalen lokis.munin at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 2 11:02:42 CET 2009

Hello,

after all the discussions about the topic, I would like to bring a new point
into it.

In Germany, we have a legal difference between the copyright (which
regulates commericial activity) and the so-called "Urheberrecht" (creator's
right; http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urheberrecht). This creator's right
describes the subjective and absolute right which protects the ideal and
material interests of th autother on his mind works.

For example, the creator's right says that it is not possible to sell the
material and ideal rights of a creator's mind works.. Which means that the
creator is always paid. Contrarily, following the copyright, a creator is
allowed to sell the rights on his mind works. An example are the rights for
the Beatles songs, that Micheal Jackson bought. With the creator's right,
this would not have been possible. Instead, the Beatles would always have
the rights on their songs and so been paid regularly.

Why not pick up this aspect in the discussion? Might this be a point which
would be interesting for artists worldwide?

Brgds
Signe