[pp.int.general] 3-step usage rights / forced licensing model

Pasi Palmulehto scoffer at kofeiini.riippuvuus.net
Tue Nov 3 11:11:46 CET 2009

> > Okay...one big messy post, please give some feedback - pros and cons.
> > The main goal is to liberate the use of works of art - commercially and
> > non-commercially. The secondary goal is to ensure income for creators.
> > Performers are much lower on priority here, since they have effective
> > profit mechanisms that are not under any viable threat.
>
> Hi!
>
> Just a small note: What a coincidence! We had already proposed a
> three-steps model for rights of author in PIRATA =) This model is very
> similar: Our Step 2 involves compensating the author with a % of the
> profits.

Haha...nice :)

We considered % from profit but it has more problems than selling price.
With % from profits it's easy to fade profit into other costs and
teorically it allows to distribute free of charge with 0 prize just to
lower competitors sales.

--
Pasi "Scoffa" Palmulehto
Leader of Finnish Pirate Party