[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Tue Nov 3 14:38:14 CET 2009

    It's indeed a very significant difference that is based upon two
    approaches - the European one (based on notion of author's rights, like
    the German Urheberrecht, the French drit d'auteur or the Russian
    avtorskoe pravo) and the American one (based on the notion of
    copyright).

According to the what I have been told, the continental European system
consists of copyright more or less as in the US,
plus moral rights (which the US does not recognize).

So if I am not mistaken, it is misleading to say that they are two
entirely different systems.  If we call the US system X, the other is
X+Y.