[pp.int.general] 3. Re: One good, one bad (Jerry Weyer)

erik ernst erikernstm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 23:08:38 CET 2009

 F?lix Robles
>Do you know a better system than a democracy (whatever type of)?

I prefer rule by *consent* of the governed, in other words a republic with a
fairly simple set of laws, that guarantees our civil rights, no matter who
is at the tiller, instead of a book writting by laywers nobody understands.

How can a law you dont understand ever benefit you?

Andrew Norton
>It's just a shame it's hardly ever followed now.

Indeed, some folk in the US seem to belive, that the USA is a democracy,
like Senator Al Franken in his letter: The Internet: It´s Not a truck, It´s
a Town Square"<http://www.savetheinternet.com/blog/09/10/06/internet-its-not-truck-its-town-square>
*
Senator Al Franken: "As noisy and messy as it may be, the Internet is a
democracy. And because of that, it is a critical part of our democracy. But
without strong legislation prohibiting ISPs from regulating content, that
may not always be the case."

***